Santa Clara County has approved piercing and tattoo services to open and we are now accepting appointments. Many protocals have changed and we thank you for your patience while we begin to implement our new routine.
New guidelines and protocols will be set in place to keep everyone safe. Safety is and always has been our number one priority.
- Walk-ins will not be accepted. Our schedule is operating solely on appointments even just for jewelry purchases. The door will remain locked between appointments.
- Masks must be worn properly at all times by both the piercer and the client. No exceptions. Facial piercings or jewelry changes will not be accepted until further notice.
- Santizer wipes will be provided to use before and after each procedure.
- No visitors will be permitted, please come alone to your appointment. Only one person will be allowed in the studio at at time. Appointments will be spaced apart in a way that all surfaces will be cleaned thoroughly between each client.
- Please do not use your cell phone in the studio, cell phones will not be allowed in the piercing room.
- Release forms will be emailed to you the day before your appointment. Please complete the form with a photo of your ID prior to arriving. If release form is not complete upon arrival, it may result in cancellation of appointment and charge of cancellation fee. ID's will be checked when you arrive.
- We are not currently accepting appointments for minors due to the one client per appointment rule.
- If you are feeling sick, please do not come in. If you have come in contact with anyone who is sick in the past two weeks, please do not come in.
- Please wait at least two weeks after traveling to book an appointment. We will rescheule your appointment if you've been out of the state, out of the country, or on a plane in the past two weeks.
- Due to our limited availabily, we will be implimenting a $30 cancellation fee per service booked.
Remember to be kind to each other while we navigate these uncertain waters.
The entire studio's jewelry collection is now available online. We're here to help with any questions you may have on picking out the right piece for you. Consultations are still available via email. Since we keep a detailed profile of all client purchases, we can let you know which styles fit with the jewelry you already have already purchased from us. We can also help guide you towards choosing the appropriate jewelry for your piercing. All sales are final, so please contact us with any questions, we'd be happy to help.
Make Me Holey Body Piercing is currently located in downtown San Jose in the SoFA District at 497 S. 2nd Street. The cross street is William, and there is plenty of metered street parking available. We can also validate if you park in The Convention Center Garage just a few blocks away or any other San Jose garage listed on parksj.org. We do ask that you respect our neighbors and not park in the hotel parking lot next door.
We are a female owned appointment only studio that specializes in safe and friendly body piercing, from simple ear piercings, to many other advanced body piercings. We take pride in being clean, comforting, and welcoming while only using the highest quality body jewelry. Our piercers are the only members of the Association of Professional Piercers in the entire San Jose area.
The service at Make Me Holey doesn't stop at the door. We make ourselves available far after the piercing is performed whether it be for a simple jewelry change, for troubleshooting during healing, or for stretching services.
Endless jewelry combinations exist, and custom jewelry ordering is also available if there are specific pieces in mind that isn't in our jewelry stock. Nothing is better than pairing up a client with jewelry that was made just for them. Custom items allow us to help our clients pick out the perfect adornment for their bodies.
Our bodies are unique and beautiful things, and should be treated as such. We respect and appreciate every person that places their trust in us with their modifications.
Karissa has been piercing since 2009, and is always aiming to improve and better the piercing experience. She strives to make every client feel comfortable in their choice of piercers. Karissa got into the piercing industry in 2007 in Pennsylvania, then traveled to California shortly after and has been piercing here ever since. She recently became a member of the Association of Professional Piercers.
Shana is a member of the Association of Professional piercers and has been int the industry since 2001. She has managed a high volume studio in Ohio before moving to San Francisco. After working in several studios across the Bay Area, we're happy to have Shana as part of the Make Me Holey Team.
Pricing and Appointments
The price of a piercing will vary greatly based off of the jewelry that you choose. We carry a wide variety of implant grade jewelry that comes with a lifetime warranty.
Pricing is broken down into two seperate parts. The piercing fee is $45 for the first piercing and $40 for each additional one done in the same sitting, and the second part is the cost of the jewelry. Jewelry cost comes in a wide range depending on the style and material of the piece you choose. For example; Our most basic stud would be around $35. Inlcuding the most basic jewelry, and the piercing fee, a cartilage piercing would start around $80 and go up from there. If you would like a more specific price range, come by the studio for a consultation and we would be able to assist you.
As we continue to grow and to be able to offer the same standard of customer service that you've come to expect, we are strictly appointment only. Walk in's are unable to be accepted. We offer online booking, click on the button below for appointment availability.
Our cancellation policy requires you to cancel at least 24 hours before your appointment or you will be charged the $30 cancellation fee per service booked or forfeit your deposit. A $30 deposit is required per service for EVERY piercing appointment booked over the phone or in person. This will go towards your overall total the day of your appointment.
What is your jewelry made of?
The jewelry we carry is implant grade ASTMF138 steel and ASTMF136 titanium, niobium, or solid 14k (or higher) gold. Quality matters, and we would't use anything but the best.
Can I bring my own jewelry?
We do not pierce with jewelry from outside of the studio to assure that the style, size and quality is appropriate for your fresh piercing. We can change jewlery for you from home in a healed piercing as long as it is the right fit. A $15 fee will be charged for changing jewely that is not purchased at our studio, and a $5 fee will be charged for chaning jewelry purchased at our studio. We reserve the right to refuse jewelry installation if the quailty is subpar and unsafe.
Should I make an appointment or can I walk in?
We tend to book up quickly, so an appointment is always best. You can call the studio, or scroll up to make an online appointment. If you are making an appointment for a group of 3 or more people, we require you book the time online to secure the spot. Appointments are even recommended if you just want to switch out jewerly. *Due to Covid, we are not accepting any walk-ins. You will not be allowed in the studio if you do not have an appointment.
What if I need help changing my jewelry?
No worries! If you're purchasing jewelry from our studio, there is a $5 fee. A $15 fee will be charged on changing jewelry from outside the studio. We still recommend making an appointment for jewelry installs.
Can I film myself getting pierced?
We allow photographs, but please no video.
Do you pierce babies?
We do not. Consent is an important part of our proceidure and wouldnt offer a piercing to anyone who could not offer their consent. Our age limit for piercings is 10 years old. *Due to Covid we are no longer offering piercings on minors at this time.
Do you pierce minors?
Sure do! For anything other than years, the client must be at least 16 with parental consent and appropriate identification. Our age limit for ear piercings is 10 years old. *Due to Covid we are no longer offering piercings on minors at this time.
Can my cousin/sibling/aunt/uncle/neighbor/friend who is over 18 sign for me if I'm a minor?
Nope! Only your parent with proper ID. Check below for a detailed list of acceptable identification. *Due to Covid we are no longer offering piercings on minors at this time.
Can I go swimming with a new piercing?
A piercing is different from other wounds in the way that your jewelry is keeping the wound open longer than a regular cut. This leaves a direct path for bacteria to enter your body. We recommend anywhere from 2-4 months before getting into any kind of standing water.
Will traveling affect my piercing?
Travelling is hard on your entire body and immune system. When flying, the pressurization on the place can lead to swelling issues as well as the fact that airports are so gross. You'll be exposed to different climates, elevation, water and bacteria that your body isnt used to. Your best bet would be to wait untill you're home. And feel free to show us all of your cool traveling pics!
Can I get pierced if I'm pregnant or nursing?
You just made an entire new life inside your own body! How cool is that?! Creating life is a tough job and we want to make sure all necessary recources are being used for that and recover from doing that job. Wait untill you're completely done nursing and we'll do your new piercing and oogle at baby pics with you.
Do you offer ALL piercings?
Currently we do not offer surface piercings or genital piercings. E-mail us, and we would be happy to give you a recommendation to a trusted piercer! We will not preform 'venom' tongue, surface tongue, smiley piercings, or tongue web piercings or any piercing we feel may be unsafe for you. *Due to Covid we are no longer offering facial piercings at this time.
What should I do to prepare?
Weither it's your first time getting pierced, or you're a seasoned piercing veteran, we put together a short list of ways you can best prepare for your appointment to maximize your comfort and safety.
- Allot enough time for parking. Bring quarters for the meters or give yourself time to walk from a parking gargage. If you are later than 10 minutes, we may have to reschedule. Do not park in the motel parking lot next door. Your car will be towed.
- Eat before hand and get some sleep! Your body will react better to a piercing if you've eaten, you're hydrated and well rested.
- Leave the posse at home! Our space is small and gets crowded quickly. A friend or two is great for moral support, but the more people that come with you, the harder it is for the experience to be about you. We only allow one person to be in the room with you during the appointment. *Due to Covid we are no longer allowing visitors to your appointment, please come by yourself.
- Find a sitter! We love piercing kids. They can be some of our favorite clients! But as much as we love children, we do ask that if your child is not being pierced that you leave them at home for your appointment. We want your full attention to be on enjoying the experience of being pierced. We do not allow children in the piercing room (unless it is their appointment) or unacompanied minors to be left in the lobby. *Due to Covid, we are no longer offercing piercings on minors at this time.
- Bring your ID! We will not preform a piercing without proper identification. No exceptions. Pleae read section on piercing minors for more information on required identification. *Due to Covid we are no longer offering piercings on minors at this time.
How do I take care of my piercing?
Once you leave the studio with your fresh piercing, you now have the sometimes daunting responsibility of making sure it stays clean! Our goal is to leave you armed with all of the necessary knowledge and tools to assure that your healing process is as smooth as possible.
Most importantly: DO NOT TOUCH IT! The less action your body piercing gets, the better it will heal. This includes sleeping on your piercing, cell phones, hair product, make up, soaps and lotions, etc.. Always make sure that any material touching your piercing is always clean. For ear or facial piercings, change your pillowcase frequently. For body piercings, wear clean clothing, or change your bedding frequently.
When cleaning your piercing, your goal is to keep it free of any buildup or 'crusties' by rinsing the area thoroughly with sterile saline at least twice a day. Never move the jewelry! Movement forces buildup into the piercing, causing trauma and introducing bacteria. Sterile saline can be found in any pharmacy, usually in the first aid aisle. Be sure to use sterile saline wound wash, not saline contact solution or nasal spray. With running water from your shower head, rinse the piercing at the end of your shower to flush off any buildup and possible soap residue. For facial piercings, also flush with water after a face wash.
For piercings in the nostril, pool up hot water in your hands and use your nose to blow bubbles in the water. This flushes out the inside of your nostril without touching it.
For oral piecings, rinse your mouth with cold clean water after ever meals, moring and night. You can also eat ice to alleviate swelling.
Each piercing can be quite different, so continue with the cleaning routine for the entire recommended time. It is normal during the heal time to have some swelling, redness, bruising, minor bleeding and tenderness. Your piercing will heal from the outside in, and may not be completely healed even if it feels like it is. Even after it is healed, never leave your jewlery out for any extended period of time. Everybody is different, and it may begin to close more quickly than you'd think.
*These instructions are guidelines and are not to be considered a substitute for medical advice from a doctor. If you suspect an infection seek medical attention.
What if I'm under 18?
*Due to Covid, we are no longer offering piercings on minors at this time.
The shop policy here at Make Me Holey is to not pierce anyone under the age of 16, ears being the only exception. The age requirement for earlobe piercings is 10 years old.
Parental consent is required if you are under 18. NO EXCEPTIONS. A valid photo ID is required from you and your parent, and your parent must be present. Examples of a valid photo ID are:
- drivers licence
- state ID
- paspport card
- military ID
If you do not have a valid photo ID, there are other documents you can bring. You would need a form of ID with your photo on it (ex: school ID) along with documentation with your birthdate on it (ex: birth certificate, medical ID card). If you are unsure in any way if your documentation is appropriate CALL THE STUDIO. We hate turning away clients for something as small as improper documentation!
If your parent is not your legal guardian, you will need to supply the proper paperwork to prove legal guardianship.
We'd love to hear from you! For any questions, inquiries, price quotes or comments, feel free to call or email.
- (408) 564-0563
- 497 S. 2nd St.
San Jose, Ca 95113